Skip to main content

Travel with Sara, a must have! Part 1:Food

There I go again, post berangkai. Part 1 is here and believe me, part 2 will be coming over. Even though I wasn't pretty sure when would the Part 2 being published. Bytheway lets just focus on Part 1, as it is. ;)

We do lots of travel recently, with little Sara. I know travel with babies/kids is not easy. Especially when we travel abroad, or on a plane. But since Sara is one fully breastfed baby, I have no issue with regard to "milk". Which means I do not have to carry a flask of hot water, a formula milk, a feeding bottle, a sterilizer tablet or whats not. Just me, Sara and my nursing wear, and we are fine! Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah. It was a soothing yet entertaining trip for us. 3 of us.

She was 12 month old when we first bought her traveled abroad (it was Bandung je pun). It was our first time too. I did tonnes of research on how to do this and that, basically regarding her meal / food. Because she just started to eat "family food" and I was "tak sampai hati" of letting her eat just "anything" especially outside foods (from restaurant or stall). I insisted to cook for her (yes, I still cook for Sara everyday before going to work). So we decided to buy a small rice cooker to bring to Bandung. I did bring some rice, the frozen vegetables, and homemade nuggets. There,  I prepared her meal before we left to jalan-jalan / shopping. And feed her when her meal time is come, tak kira la dalam kete ke, tengah shopping ke. 

in the car, otw to shopping. Bandung 2011

In between meal time, I will give her some bread / cracker / biscuit / fruits to munch. Jacob's Hi Cal was her favorite. And she also took Farley's Rusk once in a while. I did not keen of giving her Farley's Rusk very often because they tastes really sweet. I know it contains DHA, omega for the brain development whatever but a mother knows what is best for her child, after all. *Biscuits is not the only resources of DHA. Fish is one good resource too!*

potato bun

biskut jari. (courtesy from internet)

And now, as she's approaching 1 year 5 months this coming 15th April, she's quite into noodles. Be it mee goreng, kueyteaw, noodles with soup, megi goreng (home-made), macaroni, spaghetti and even suhun. She loves it! And oh these little girl is also a big fan of nasi goreng. And that makes our trip of travel easier, and 
makes mom's life even easier. :)

She likes bubur ayam McDee too. Usually I would buy these when she refuse to eat her foods. 

bubur ayam.  (courtesy from internet)   
Luckily my daughter is not really a picky eater. I understood the hardship when one's daughter started to refuse to eat, and only wants to eat the things that she likes. It would be a headache, right mommies?

Sara Hana's solid food milestone (during travel)

makan bihun goreng masa kenduri doa selamat rumah baru her tok & wan

percubaan makan snek

pizza pun nak?

ak bukit tinggi

ice cream her favorite. tapi sorry sayang dpt makan cone je ye for now.

Dinner @Kinabalu Pine Sabah 2012

Airpot Kota Kinabalu. Pancake for breakfast

Pandai nak suap sendiri. Genting 2012
So the must have list for Sara's foodies would be:
  • Nasi + lauk simple2 or
  • Nasi goreng / fried noodles
  • Her favorite biscuits (sekarang suka biskut jari)
  • Potato bun 
  • Air masak / Vitagen
  • Coco crunch + fresh milk for breakfast
Till then, will be working on Part 2: Other essential ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sara & Adib @Cyberview Resort & Spa

And yes we are here! For 2 nights. Pre-book on hotel's website for Superior Chalet but been told during the check-in that Superior chalet is not available at the moment so guess what, our room has been upgraded to Executive Deluxe for no extra charge. How cool was that! Yeah I know I know. Hehe. The room is huge and super nice and it has a four-poster bed. Super like. And our chalet is only few steps away from the pool. Rezeki Adib n Sara. Its Adib's first outing and first hotel stays. Anyway I am so gonna enjoy our stay here in Cyberview. Had bfast earlier at Verandah Restaurant and strolling around the resort and surveying the pool area. Sara had her 1st round of swimming with MM while I bathed Adib in our room. Later will go to IOI putrajaya for lunch.  For now, lets cherish the moment and enjoy the photos while i'm joining the kids and hubsy for a nap. Later. Hope you guys have a splendid school break too. 

Ayra Hana birth story

I have the urge to write the birth story of our 3rd baby since the earlier days of her life. But keep on procrastinating.  I had experience induced labour during both Sara and Adib's delivery. The pain was - bearable but really was so strong I couldn't put them in words. I never had the chance to feel the "normal" contraction with these two so I was hoping and praying for a natural and smooth delivery for Ayra.  No more induced labour. and Alhamdulillah Allah has answered my prayers.  It was Friday after lunch where I started to feel like sakit perut memulas. It was unlikely period pain as described by many, it's more to rasa nak membuang camtu la, senang explain kan haha. But the pain was repeating. Sakit, lepas tu hilang, lepas 5 mins dtg balik. But no sign is shown. Tpi bila rasa baby dah asyik mengeras, I know it was almost - time. So I pun bersiap, peluk sayang Adib (he stayed at home with my mom n dad), salam everyone asking for dua' (sedih